Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Efficency of VA health care system....

I am not sure if the articles title is an oxymoron or not? Around October 11th of 2010, I started to get sick. I decided to head over to the newly opened Gloucester county VA Clinic. Upon arrival I was greeted by a polite individual who said she would be able to get me in to see one of the doctors. Once I met the physician I was informed that I would have to head over to Philadelphia VA hospital to pick up my medication and have an x-ray of my chest taken. I was informed that this clinic did not have a pharmacy or an x-ray machine.I was a little dumbfounded since, I was at the supposed new VA clinic that had been built to make it easier for us veterans that resided in South Jersey. This was at 3:45 and I really didn't want to go sit in Philadelphia's ER.The other fact was that I had to be at Coatesville Veterans Hospital the next day and asked if they could just schedule it for that hospital. I was again informed that they could not do that since Coatesville was a different system. So, twice that day I was dumbfounded by the VA and decided to go home.

The next day I headed to the Coatesville VA and was seen in there ER. About a week and a half later I was still sick. I decided to contact the Gloucester county VA and told them what was going on, I was told someone would call me back. Not to my surprise I never heard from them. Now today November 2, 2010, I received in the mail a package of medicine, to my surprise it was more antibiotics. I investigate the package and to my surprise this prescription was filled on October 19th, 2010 and this is November 2, 2010. The package was mailed on November 1, 2010. I cannot wait until all medicine is run by the government, if it is as efficient as the VA no one will receive care but there will be plenty of over paid health care workers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment